"Ennui is the echo in us of time tearing itself apart." - Emile M. Cioran
(I love Googling quotes. It makes me feel so smart.)
(Hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't know it.)
(I think that's the rum coke talking.)
(My body has this way of telling me it's time to leave: my upper back starts hurting big time, so much so that in the morning I literally can't get out of bed; Cybs has to pull me up.)
I remember how relieved I felt. In between projects that I worked on from home, I did a bit of yoga, a lot of housekeeping, a bit of Cooking 101 (thanks to my wonderful housemates), and a shitload of DVD and download marathons.
And then there was The Great Depression: I twiddled my thumbs, neglected my yoga mat, worried about my dwindling bank account (recently I realized that spending time in Makati is HELL on the wallet), and spent waaaaaay too much time doing pointless things.
Right now I am two months into a three-month contract with a production company. As I told my current boss, I left my "cave" to talk to directors and drivers and clients and guards again.
At the risk of angering the gods, so far so good. (I think I can say that out loud now, though it may bite me in the ass.) It's not as bad as I thought it would be. There are still parts of it that I like, and excite me. There are still parts of it that I dislike, and at times freak me out. (Humans? I have to deal with humans?)
To quote a friend who quoted somebody, "Balance is not a still thing--maintaining balance requires constant attention and adjustment."
And maybe buttloads of coffee.
2 comments:
Oooh! New job! Congrats Cam! :) Just take it one day at a time. Have faith that if something goes terribly wrong the universe will provide.
GG: Ever the positive child! I lahvzet. Here's to getting my mojo back :) Hugs!
Post a Comment