(I fought this long and hard, promise. I even made a draft and everything. But it didn't take.)
I'm making a painfully conscious effort not to turn this into 30 days of Tori music, but the winner in this category would have to be Pretty Good Year.
I can still see the afternoon light coming in from the windows, hitting my mother's pale blue couch and my brother's big black stereo. I was sitting on the marble floor of the only house I have ever really loved, so it was very cool. A few bars into this song I realized she was the same girl singing in some cable network plug--it was a song I had been trying in vain to identify (Winter), and it was a cable network I would wind up working for ten years later.
I loved her when I was 14. I love her still as a less-angsty-but-sometimes-still-slightly-clueless thirtysomething.
I just wish she'd stop wearing those awful awful wigs. (I guess that's what years of dyeing your hair can do. Shudder.)
No comments:
Post a Comment