11 May 2010

I didn't think...

...I would be this affected. And since there are limits to expressing oneself on Facebook (at least I feel kinda funky baring it all there), I will say it here.

I'm really sorry Gibo didn't win. And I'm really sorry that I didn't volunteer for his campaign when I had the chance. And I'm really sorry that there are no gummi bears in this apartment right now because they sure as hell would make me feel a lot fricking better.

But I'm not sorry that I'm sorry. Because I think that means he woke me up. Somebody in politics, in an arena that I think could be the stinkiest place in this country, that gets me so gigil one day and totally apathetic the next, actually made me believe and hope and pray and see GOOD again.

So I guess that's a start.

And the fact that he was still so darn gracious in the face of defeat...haay.

My kingdom for gummi bears!



2 comments:

GG said...

But wait... The counting is done yet di ba? I don't understand why people are informally declaring Noynoy president already. Sorry. I'm so OP over here.

cyberlaundry said...

Hey GG. I'm a bit in shock. Parang whirlwind elections dahil sa automated choo choo. I'm no mathematician, pero since Noynoy has 40% of 78% votes counted, siya na siya na. At any rate, G1BO only got 10.65% of those votes, so siguradong hinding hindi na siya.(I'm just quoting an article, http://www.gmanews.tv/eleksyon2010/story/news/190647/noynoy-aquino-widens-lead-in-official-comelec-tally.) Sigh. But in other news, nagluluto pa rin ako at wala pa ring namamatay :)