08 June 2010

lamon + labada

My script has been submitted and approved, the tapes have been shotlisted, and the interviews have been transcribed, so I am back to Inday/Manang Duty.

Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating, so I cannot sing "Laba-dami, la-bangoooo" in the bathroom. I will not risk that awful "wet dog" smell that comes with sampay on a rainy day.

Here instead are a few pictures of lamon + labada.


The Lamon
Cybs and I tried to recreate the Dear Darla pizza of Yellow Cab.

Cybs made the chili oil. I made the tomato sauce with crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, sugar, salt, pepper, and oregano. Cybs topped the "pizzas" with black olives, capers, mozzarella and arugula.

We couldn't find alfalfa sprouts, though. (Does anyone know where we can buy?)

We had a crunchy tortilla version and a soft tortilla version. Medyo makalat lang siya when you roll it up. But still very yummy.


The Labada
Cybs had to use my bathroom one time. She saw my clothes hanging on the door and said, "Very G.I. Jane."

Oo nga! Hahaha.

I also realized that I have one whole drawer dedicated to nothing but blue shirts. What is favorite?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

me loves arugula. how do you make chili oil?- agay

Tibibord said...

And how many drawers for green shirts, aber? :-j

cyberlaundry said...

Agay - I wasn't mega looking at Cybs while she made it. But I know she used chili flakes and (I think) normal oil. As in vegetable or canola oil, not olive oil. I'll ask her when she gets home.

Leo - I don't even have a whole drawer of green shirts! But I arrange my shirts like the rainbow (as in ROYGBIV). Pero yung blue may isang buong drawer. Tapos si black, brown and white in 1-2 drawers.

cyberlaundry said...

Agay, I talked to Cybs na. So chili flakes + oil lang talaga siya. We used canola oil :) Tapos she said let it sit as long as possible before using, para yellow-red na yung oil :) Bow.

Anonymous said...

I tried to make this but with toasted wheat bread, which was a fail. :) Tortillas next time!

-y-slaybelle