13 June 2010

crafty.

Last night my sister, her officemate Meg and I spent a few hours making the favors for Cybele's bridal shower.

Look at all the colors!

I remember the first time I realized that I cannot work with long-nose pliers: it was during my first Lifestyle Network summer event, and we had to make (I think) around 60-80 necklaces out of Swarovski charms. I have a hazy memory of breaking every other thing I touched.


Last night I didn't even go near the pliers, but stuck to the needle and thread instead. (Not that that is a vast improvement.)

Winner moments include imagining we were sweatshop workers, complete with dialogue. For a lot of women this is therapy. Not for me, apparently--my combo-cuss words were in full force.

But I must admit, that half hour or so we spent at Carolina's made me think about how fun it must be to be crafty. So many wonderful beads and ribbons and rosettes!

No comments: