03 September 2012

How did this happen?

I now have an equal number of sneakers AND ballet flats.





In my defense, I've been a) trying to look more mature, b) doing research, and c) trying to find a successor to my beloved Hush Puppies. I did find a worthy successor--in Hush Puppies. So if I had gone there before everywhere else and not worried that my grandmother and I have the same favorite shoe brand, we would not be having this cyber-conversation.


But! But! If I had gone straight to my Shoe Mecca I wouldn't have run into these two ladies:



Grendha 


I let Fate decide if I was meant to have this shoe. I ran into them in the department store and wore them for a whole week straight or something. They're rubber = my feet don't get wet and they're easy to clean. And they don't hurt! They passed the MRT test and mall test.

Fioni 


I had to wear these babies two days straight because of my crazy life. They survived the MRT test, too! Next challenge: the mall test. Abangan!


They're both quilted, which (to my non-fashionista eyes) adds some texture to my usual plain self.

But just when I thought I was making progress in the fashyon department, this happened last week:


I was in a room full of board members, 98% men. I was dressed in a long-sleeved, button-down plaid shirt, and was wearing my good shoes (Grendha) and my dark jeans. The first thing they asked me before I gave our presentation was, "How old are you?"

FAIL.

Please don't tell me I have to level up to heels now. It's not my fault my face is round. Why should my feet suffer?? Sigh.



7 comments:

kaye said...

If you have to level up to heels (for such occasions), I would definitely recommend wedges :D almost just like flats. hehe

thanks for this post, I will look at grendha flats very soon! :D

cyberlaundry said...

Hey, Kaye! I shall start doing research on these wedge thingies. Thanks! Am glad may reviews ang shoes sa payless.com, it helps me narrow down my options. I get windang in shoe stores!

Yes, try the Grendhas! Meron sa Landmark Dept Store, right by the exit going to Greenbelt walkway thingie :)

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Ugh... I HATE that "how old are you" question - in fact it's illegal to ask that in a job interview here. And I'm glad people are sensitive enough not to ask that in the workplace.

But yeah I get that ALL the time. I know I'll be thankful 10 years from now but in a profession where experience matters, I feel like the first impression people get is that I am not experienced. I actually exchanged my backpack for a more "professional" black tote for work for that reason... but now I think my shoulder is paying for it.

Ok I'm done. Sorry to hijack your post with my griping.

Love the nude and black shoes by the way!!!

cyberlaundry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cyberlaundry said...

MIA! Hijack away! And YES, it SHOULD be against the law to ask about your age in a business setting! Unless you're a cute man, hahaha! Joke. JOKE!

So.

I bought a pair of pumps. PUMPS! Here they are:

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10270&skuId=099626050&productId=70962&lotId=099626&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

I've been Googling what kind of outfits would be best for them. SIGH. Abangan!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

hehe, my sis in law has the same fioni pair, as well as her 2 daughter-- an 8-year old and a 2-year-old. sabay sabay nilang sinusuot!

cyberlaundry said...

Agay, is this you?

"hehe, my sis in law has the same fioni pair, as well as her 2 daughter-- an 8-year old and a 2-year-old. sabay sabay nilang sinusuot!"

Ang kyot naman! :)