11 September 2012

Fare thee well.

Paris, 2010.

"My father's people say that at the birth of the sun and his brother the moon, their mother died. So the sun gave to the earth her body from which was to spring all life. And he drew forth from her breast the stars, and the stars he threw into the night sky to remind him of her soul. So there's the Cameron's monument. My folks' too, I guess." - The Last of the Mohicans

When I found out you and the brother were going to Europe back then, I was worried that you would be spending so much money and effort after chemo, etc. I told Kuya the other day, outside our sister's soon-to-be-house, while he sat there on the sidewalk going through your pictures, that I am so glad you did go on that trip together.

In fairness/Fairview/fair Verona--I never saw so many pretty bags in the flesh than at your wake. Thanks for that treat.

Take care of my brother for us, okay? Enjoy the lamon.

4 comments:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Thinking of you. Your brother and this lovely soul you wrote of, making memories in Europe. Thinking of all that is inexplicable in this life and whatever might be beyond. Sighing a big breath and a silent prayer.

cyberlaundry said...

Thank you, Mia. I cannot imagine what Marco is going through. Love you!

Anonymous said...

condolence. hugs.- agay

cyberlaundry said...

Thanks, Agay :) Hugs!