20 August 2010

Sewing the seeds of love?

A while back I blogged about an itch I wanted to scratch.

In classic Libran fashion (something I think my spankin'-new brother-in-law has yet to get
used to; he likes to say "Buy it buy it" a lot) I have been taking my sweet time--lurking in the crafty sections of bookstores, staring at sewing machines in appliance stores, checking out online tutorials, twiddling my thumbs...

Today I had a carpe diem moment. I bought fabric weeks ago and, after a particularly enjoyable morning yoga session, found myself cutting a panel of the orange fabric. No measuring, no planning, just cut! Seize the scissors!

Ang pinaka-kuwadradong drawstring bag sa balat ng lupa.

It's a good thing I got striped fabric, because I can't sew straight to save my butt (see below for photographic evidence). But it was kind of fun and at times strangely soothing. (I say "strangely" because I never enjoyed Home Economics back in high school.)


I took my cue from this tutorial.

Perhaps it's a sign that two people I know have bought the machine I have been eyeing for a while. Abangan!

Special thanks to Saizen for this tanggal-kati afternoon.

4 comments:

GG said...

Nice one, sister! Next up, you should make a yoga mat bag! Same concept I think. :)

cyberlaundry said...

GGG (Kasi Gunpowder Gabby Gregory)! We missed you yesterday :) Thanks for the suggestion! But I think I will try that when I have an actual sewing machine na. Though Cybs suggested what I would like to name "PYB Bags"--Police Your Brass bags! hehehe. Now to look for camouflage print tela...

Happy birthday!!!!

dementedchris said...

You can do it! I believe in your (mega) brain's ability to whip your fingers into Matic-worthy shape. :P Baka bukas, nasa etsy ka na!

cyberlaundry said...

Chris! Matic-worthy shape? BWAHAHAHA! Let's see, let's see. You know us Librans ;P It's such a big investment kasi (though I know some people's cellphones are more expensive)...

So glad to see you back in the cyber-world :) Hugs!