10 August 2012

We watched Snow Patrol! We watched Snow Patrol!

The man is a bard. I actually shed a tear or two. (Was that from the music? His kind words? The fact that we were surrounded by kids, some of whom were PICKED UP after the concert? I laughed from my belly when Syd pointed that out.)

I never thought I'd get to see them live, so I'm very grateful--and a bit sad that I feel a bit guilty about a happy experience when the country is underwater.

Snow Patrol is one of the few bands that I liked post-college. And they weren't one of my "angry chicks" (Syd's term) so I was hoping we'd both like them. He doesn't like them as much as I do, or as much as we like Counting Crows or Better than Ezra, but he was nice enough to drive us to the concert, and convince me to bring The Camera.

And he was super enough to take tons of pictures and videos, because I lost my brain when they started playing.

Here are some of my favorites.







Here's the setlist. Kulang nalang Signal Fire, Dark Roman Wine, An Olive Grove Facing the Sea, and The Planets Bend Between Us, but one can't be too greedy.



 

2 comments:

Cybele said...

You wrote: "The fact that we were surrounded by kids, some of whom were PICKED UP after the concert? I laughed from my belly when Syd pointed that out.)"

This is like when you and I went to watch Plumb. The older crowd sang songs from the first two albums such as "Send Angels" and "Stranded" while the younger crowd sang "Real".

Just goes to show that Snow Patrol has proven that they have longevity :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Oo nga, bagets din yung sa Plumb! As opposed to Sheena Easton ;)

Hehe. Sana bumalik si Snow Patrol!

- kamelle