The good: I can cook (or not cook) anything. I can eat (or not eat) anything.
The bad: I have to eat everything. For days.
In picture (because am using my phone and have no idea how to make captions): soba with tuna, spinach, and garbanzos.
Not in picture: isang balde ng tuna, spinach, and garbanzos.
So am thinking, maybe I'll have it with pasta next. Then couscous. Then maybe just dump it in the blender and make a shake out of it.
Foodies, chefs, cooks: what say you?
28 June 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
For me, there are no rules in cooking - as long as it tastes good! Probably 75% of what I cook are imbento hehehe! But not all are good though, may palpak din!
Yesss - cooking for one was a challenge for sure! Especially after growing up and cooking for my big big family (um, isang balde ng pasta? and then some!).
Depending on what I cook (if it's freezer friendly), I make a big batch of it and then portion it out into smaller containers for freezing, so i don't have to have it all week!
But one of the biggest perks of cooking for one? Having cake for breakfast, hahaha :)
Your soba looks awesome! Pahingi!
Dianne and Mia - OF COURSE you guys commented on this blog entry :) I was expecting you guys to pop up. I actually answered via phone a while back, di pala pumasok. Luddite. Must. Learn.
Di - Di ko pa kaya mag-imbento sa cooking...and I think the ones who can invent are the ones who are really meant to cook, and really like it! I always make the mistake of checking out your blog late at night, when there's nothing to eat...baaaaad!
Mia - What dishes are freezer-friendly? Teach me, sensei!
Kamelle! Hahaha of course Dianne and I commented!
Hmmm freezer-friendly dishes... definitely soups and stews. Since those are the things you can make a big batch of, and many times they even get better the next day after it sits in the refrigerator (at which point I take out some to freeze - in small glass jars like re-used jam jars or peanut butter jars, or other serving-size containers - then when I want to have it I just let it thaw in a big bowl of water in the sink then reheat on the stove... or if I'll be out all day I let it thaw in the fridge).
Lasagna is a good one too - especially with it being labor-intensive, it's nice to have leftovers to enjoy later so that we're not trying to finish up a large pan of it one day after another. Again I just cut it up into serving-size portions to freeze.
So our freezer is always stocked up with some quasi-instant dinners! And as a side note, it's actually good for your freezer pala to be full (energy-wise and temperature-wise)
Post a Comment