Mold and mildew (a variety of fungus with a particular affinity for fabric and paper) can release particles that may cause headaches and aggravate asthma, allergies, and sinus problems -- and even change your mood.-- marthastewart.com
Those little shits are changing my mood, all right. They're making me hate cleaning (which I so don't want to hate because it keeps me sane). They're making me feel depressed--like a dirty child who can't keep her room clean. (But I do keep my room clean, I do!)
They have held hostage two pieces of living room furniture, one pair of my shoes, a leather bag, a leather WATCH, and three (!) pairs of Da Boyfriend's shoes. I have spent a small fortune on Messy Bessy's Tea Tree Mold and Mildew Spray, Pledge Lemon Clean Furniture Spray, rubber gloves, face masks, rags, dehumidifiers, and vinegar. But the little shits KEEP COMING BACK!
Giddemit.
This is what I get for being cheap and buying MDF furniture. But real wood costs an arm and a leg--and I like my arms and legs.
This is what I get for ignoring the little bubbles and cracks in the paint of our living room wall that first appeared about a year and a half ago (or maybe even more). The building contractors even came in and asked us if we were having any water problems (the people upstairs were), but at that time we didn't have any Mold Monsters running around. Now we do.
The building contractors are coming back tomorrow to check the wall out. Am I insane that I'm hoping there IS something wrong with the wall--even if it means construction work and being homeless for a few days--because that will mean I am NOT a dirty child?
Am I such a dork that I equate a great portion of my self-worth with how clean my home is? Is there a fifties housewife hiding underneath all this curly hair? Is there a shitload of mold hiding underneath the wall? Abangan!
8 comments:
Baka dapat naka-camo ka habang nakikidigma sa kanila.
(BTW, the word verification for this comment is "factuta.")
Tibibord - FACTUTA TALAGA! Factuta silang lahat! Haaay Leo. I don't know na what to do. Or maybe this is the universe telling me to get rid of more stuff. How are you? Hamishu. Hugs!
Camille - it's not your fault! You holding up ok, healthwise? (just thought of your asthma...)
Mia - I think that's why I had a bad cough about a month ago (and it was raining hard almost every day pa, so I'm sure all the little shits were like, "Yey! Let's paaaaarty!")
The nose knows daw when it comes to mold, so syempre I smell it. So syempre I start sneezing/coughing! Hahaha. Haaay. Thank you for your kind words--they make me feel less like a loser-leper.
Nagmamahal,
The Moldy Manang
P.S. How is da iskul? How is da you? I miss da yu.
I'm with Mia... should you be staying there while this is going on? Stay healthy! Baka kailangan mo munang maki-fresh air sa iba.
Chris! I try to stay away from the room as much as I can. Haaaay. Dad will pick up my casualties this Sunday. I don't care if everything I own winds up on the floor. Am I crazy to ask, "Please pray for my house and my mold?" =(
Never realized that mold can create tabula rasa moments. :P Good luck! I'll pray for you!
Hey Moldy Manang... maybe it's time to raid your parents' house (or aunts, uncles, etc) for antique, solid wood furniture!
Post a Comment