27 July 2011

Apocalypse Now?

Being alone on the 29th floor during an earthquake at 1:15am is not fun.

I was typing on the laptop when the couch started making a knocking sound while my fat ass was on it. Not cool. I felt dizzy, but wondered if I was just hungry. Then I saw two good friends post "Earthquake!" on Facebook. I shut the laptop down and wondered if I should run down 29 flights of stairs or run up 11 or 12 of them.

I woke my sister up with a phone call. Two streets and three floors down (they live on the 26th floor), she didn't feel anything. I asked about Tony. "Tony's asleep." I figured if Tony's animal spidey senses hadn't kicked in then there wasn't any cause for alarm. Either that or he was a clueless puppy.

I woke Da Boyfriend up with a phone call, too. I was so glad he wasn't out drinking or driving.

I changed into more "presentable" sleepwear and put all my stuff back in my bag (yes, I was still thinking about work). Four hours later, I was still wide awake and kind of freaked out.


4 comments:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Yikes! I remember feeling the earthquake years ago...Are you all ok?

cyberlaundry said...

Mia! Yes, we're all okay. I was just kinda freaked out. That's the highest I've ever been during an earthquake. =( Hugs!

dementedchris said...

What's the best course of action daw? Go down? Alam ko lang yung mga triangle churva but I wouldn't know what to do if I were on the 29th floor! XP

cyberlaundry said...

Chris, I have no idea! But I think I would go up...kung feeling ko end of the world na ang level ng lindol...may I never have to test that theory. Hugs!