She took her time (all 19 hours of it), but the Sprout is finally out.
![]() |
| Sing with me now! The first picture of you/the first picture of [Alessa by Tita] |
I am relieved. I was climbing the walls, sending white-night email and text messages, and harassing the doctor in the labor room at ungodly hours. Poor, patient woman--she had to deal with me through the night, and my Mom come morning.
![]() |
| To the bat cave! The Parental Units rushing to the viewing area. |
While I know women have been doing this for eons, and without any of this modern medical equipment, all these horrible thoughts were going through my head. It's ironic that new life made me think so deeply about mortality and all that jazz. Or maybe that's the point of new life.
May you have your mother's strength, wisdom, humor, and heart. I've been blessed with it for almost 34 years now; may you cherish it as much as I do.
![]() |



No comments:
Post a Comment