08 April 2012

Home on the range


Where seldom is heard a discouraging word / and the skies are not cloudy all day



Some families go to the beach. Some go to church. Some go to the range. I figure if there is love and laughter then the Big Boss in the Sky is happy.

My father and brother have been at this for a long time. Dad said that Marco was 7 years old when he fired his first weapon (one bullet in a .45). Five years later, he was firing an M16.


It is one of my most fervent hopes that, should I be blessed with little ones, the Grandpaw and the Uncle will be there to teach them the ropes.


and the skies are not cloudy all day

6 comments:

dementedchris said...

Celebrate the love! I think it's great that you have a thrilling hobby to bring you guys together.

cyberlaundry said...

Chris -- So true :) How are you? Are you coming to Manila any time soon? Kamusta ang iyong mangrove/beach hideaway? Hugs!

dementedchris said...

I was there last March but got too busy with work (Hey, sometimes I do that, too! Hahaha.) I miss the beach though -- haven't seen Boracay in months!

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Hard core!!!

cyberlaundry said...

Mia! When you come over we will bang-bang! I can't wait!! Hugs!

cyberlaundry said...

Chris! I hope you are well! This heat is driving me INSANE! Hahaha, sometimes you work too. Your'e funny. I remember your kuwento about dyeing tela, hahaha! Hugs!