05 September 2010

A Day with Daisy

I have named my new friend Daisy, after Meg's daughter in Little Women. The idea came to me while I washed the dishes this morning. Daisy speaks to the wanna-be homemaker in me.

Today I found a little helper for Daisy. I love this thing. I can't cut straight for shit, so this nifty gadget is a godsend. When I went to National Bookstore I had to say, "Yung parang pang-slice ng pizza." I finally found one in a craft store in SM Megamall. (Talagang we've got it all for you.)

It took all my self-control not to stop mid-cut (I was so mesmerized by the "self-healing" properties of the mat).


So this is what Daisy and I made today.

I followed this tutorial. The pouch is far from perfect, and it took me a while to figure the process out, but I am just so happy to be creating things that, after a decade of working with words, I can actually touch.

2 comments:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Impressive! You should sell these! Is there something like Etsy in the Philippines?

cyberlaundry said...

Hey, Mia! I have no idea. But I have a long way to go before I would consider selling what I make. To take a class or not to take a class. That is the question.