04 October 2012

Temple Town


I don't like crowds--and in Temple Town you will run into a lot of humans. 



It took a while for me to block them out and just focus on the sights. 




 It helped that in some places there were few people. So I could hear the trees and the stones and the walls speak.




And for the first time (maybe because Temple Town can slow down sometimes) I got to take pictures of people.



I made friends with a ninja Tuktuk driver (at least I hope I did), ate new stuff like frog and eel, and not-so-new stuff like bean sprouts (they seemed to taste better there for some reason). I realized the kind of people I like (and don't like) travelling with, and thanked my father for the fact that I was the only one (again) who had a flashlight and an umbrella in my bag at all times. 

I regret not going to another country nearby (Vietnam or Thailand), but maybe that's for another journey.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely photos Camille!!

I feel the same way about crowds (we really are friends), and had a similar experience visiting a temple in India this year... makes me wonder if living in a Midwest suburb makes me crave SPACE so much more... hmmm.

I LOVE that you had a flashlight and umbrella in your bag!!! I can just visualize your dad nodding in approval, heehee.

cyberlaundry said...

Thanks, Mia! I have more photos on Facebook if you wanna have a look-see :) hardly any with me in them though (much to mom's dismay hahaha) I think it was the first time I went to a tourist attraction na super unit kaya siguro na overwhelm ako :) but I wanna go to India too!!!

The others had to buy umbrellas tuloy, pero at least they got their favorite colors hahaha! And then this group of Japanese tourists followed us when we hiked down from a temple because of my flashlight hahaha! Yes father was very proud :)

See. You. SOON!!! I can't wait.