07 January 2009

Shot through the (butt) and you're to blame...

Start the year right with a steroid injection on your ass!

After
a. more than a month of strange, here-then-gone, nabubuang-na-ba-ako muscular pain in my right hip and buttocks; and
b. discovering I am allergic to NSAIDs,

I went for the injection (as opposed to two weeks of PT).
I hope this works. I want to go back to sweeping and mopping floors, walking to the MRT, and doing yoga.

An ounce of prevention is really worth a pound of cure, and this is what I get for being a tamad child. When I think of how much the injection cost vs. how much my spankin' new hot/cold pad from Watsons cost, the non-health-card-holding child in me wants to cry.

* * *

In other news: I realized that I have been marking the passing of years with work-related stuff instead of life-in-general stuff. So here's Week 1 of 2009:

First dish: Pork sinigang. Ako ang dakilang clueless sous chef ni Cybs. Realization: gabi is a bitch to peel.

Second dish: Pasta with chorizo. Realization: it is possible to break a can opener.

First read: After marathoning the DVD set a gazillion times, Band of Brothers.

* * *

A lot of friends have been posting happy thoughts or telling me about their new goals, realizations, churva. I think this is the first time in a long time that I've felt this positive about a new year. Or maybe that's because I'm racketeering? Pero hindi rin. I feel the collective hopes of creatures everywhere. And I wish us all the best!


1 comment:

cyberlaundry said...

And that is so you to say, "Haha, this is so you" ;P