Literally.
Last 25 September, I underwent Lasik surgery at the Lasik Surgery Clinic in Megamall.
Just this afternoon, I went back for my check-up, and apart from swimming and super smoky clubs (one week pa daw yun, just to be safe), I can go back to my normal life.
...Consider me overwhelmed. So overwhelmed that as I sit and type this a part of me is thinking I should take my contacts off. So overwhelmed that even now, a week after the surgery, I still can't articulate my joy and awe and wonder. I keep reading everything (DVD titles, book titles, labels of syrup bottles at the coffee shop, the BIR thingie that's posted in establishments). I keep thinking I'm still wearing glasses or contacts.
I figured out I needed glasses back in fifth grade. Usual first Friday mass in Zobel, and I could read the lyrics of the church songs more clearly when I was all teary-eyed (senti pa ako nun). I remember my Dad looked so sad when he heard, like his favorite dog had to be put down. Now he calls me Bright Eyes.
I didn't do yoga for a week (though the doctor said I could the day after, call me paranoid), so I'm looking forward to that tomorrow morning. Also cleaning the study. And maybe taking pictures somewhere. A part of me wants to travel back in time and return to all the museums and tourist attractions I went to when I was still bulag. I've only seen Syd once since the operation and I was wearing the protective goggles the whole time. I'm excited to see him, too :)
Now if only they had a similar surgery for Sense of Purpose in Life ;p
Fellow four-eyed friends and loved ones, get your eyes zapped! Kakaiba. I was so scared going into surgery (my mom said I looked pale. Me. Miss Morena Me.), but when I was in there na it was nothing. After all these years of poking my eyes with contact lenses, it was nothing. Post-op was painful only for the first night. Grabe. Just DOH it! :) :)
02 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Am happy for you. But that's one less thing we have in common, haha. Advance happy birthday! And oh, look up the "Ateneo championship bonfire photo scandal" on the Web. Tsk, tsk.
I heard about your new fascination in reading everything out loud. haha. Enjoy seeing the world again with your new eyes!
Post a Comment