I love, love, love the Metro.Whether it's in Paris or New York or Hong Kong, they have all these arrows that tell you where to go, and you can walk under the city and get to exactly where you wanna go, and it's perfect for directionally-challenged people like me because I don't have to memorize the turns, I just have to keep looking for Exit N or New World Centre. Sigh. Subways are so practical, so efficient, so...democratic. I hope I live to see the day that our beloved Manila MRT will be mega-extensive and kickass.

Hong Kong's skyline rocks.
I've been a die-hard NYC lover since childhood, but I must admit, this view has its own charms...Plus I kept thinking of Han Suyin & her beloved Mark Elliot walking the same streets, talking about the moon and their doomed love on this sea-wet rock...
(Photo by Syd)

TST Promenade is my official Hong Kong Happy Place...
Hanging out there was very calming (especially after 1am). People were walking their dogs, or having a midnight snack, or making PDA. Nobody bugged anybody, and it was one of the few times that I felt like no one was stepping on my aura (there is no sense of personal space in Hong Kong; people push in other countries, but this is the first time I never heard anybody say, "Excuse me," at the very least). It was nice to just sit there and watch Syd take pictures. I didn't even bring my camera, I just wanted to soak it in. The fact that the water didn't stink at all was a major bonus. (Photo by Syd)

And this is my Official Winner Lamon--Beef with Japanese Noodles in Mongkok. Di ko na naman naubos kasi bundat na ako, pero ang sarrrrraaaaap

Pinoys at Hotel Panorama rock.
They went out of their way to make us chika, to give us directions (to the point that they'll escort you to the subway entrance pa). We met around 5 of them in our hotel alone (plus a really cool Nepalese guy). Wish I had taken their picture. Our room will have to do. (Photo by Vanessa)

Kailangan ng Round 2!
Can't wait to travel with Syd again. It was really fun. His family was fun to hang with. Bad trip lang na we lost 1.5 days thanks to the storm. I really wanted to go to the Po Lin Monastery & the Chi Lin Nunnery (duh, I even made a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION of my hit list :)), but I guess there's always next time :)
Special thanks to my dearest Kaka, who gave me the best HK map and tons of chika! We only got to ride the Star Ferry on our last day, about 1.5 hours before we had to leave for the airport, pero worth it ang slight Amazing Race mode.
Thank you, Syd, for inviting me. And to my Dynamic Duo Parents & Fellow Egg Kapatids, for years of hardcore bootcamp training for travellers.
Malapit na talaga ako magtrabaho sa airline para tapos ang usapan at ID 90 na ako ulit...
5 comments:
Gumagaling mga litrato ni Syd ah.
LEO!!! :) :) Yes, he's getting more and more into photography (and I hope that translates to him buying more and more accessories, especially since we have the same camera :))
When are you coming down to Manila?? - kamelle (too tamad to sign in)
latest, sembreak. earliest, a september sunday because of the bar.
Super smooth, cool, white hotel sheets... Happiness! =)
Post a Comment