29 May 2008

I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. - Woody Allen

photo taken by FB/VJ at Erika's wedding

I haven't seen a picture of me laughing in a while. Smiling doesn't count--that's what you do after the "1, 2, 3!" cue. I recently saw a colleague's album of candid photos taken during one of our events, and I always seemed to be frowning.

A month ago an editor-in-chief (and former philosophy professor of mine) said I looked like crap. I looked tired as hell, my aura was so heavy, yada yada. Yesterday afternoon I ran into her and she said, "Hey, you look so much better."

I feel better, too. My laughter now, as a friend observed, is inches away from "maniacal", but I suppose that's what happens when you exhale...and you have no idea what you're going to do next, and you may have to consider singing in MRT stations, but that's okay.

"An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens." - Thomas Jefferson


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wicked.

What changed? What did you eat/drink/smoke? Bottle some up and send to me please.

- Paeng

cyberlaundry said...

...i...resigned! hahahahaha. i will now...beg in MRT stations!