been up since 2am. not good when you're back in the dungeon (a.k.a. the office) and it's raining like anything.
buti nalang dito na ako sa pinas nag-jetlag, so sulit ang trip.
will kwento in detail when sane and not sleep-deprived.
in other news:
pinoy words that defy english translation--
gigil
siksik (not packed/overcrowded, but "siksik sa laman")
malansa
tabo (dipper doesn't count)
zzzzzz...
13 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
i like "olats." any english equivalent just doesn't match up to it.
oh yeah, welcome back.
malansa - In some cases I say, "unpleasantly raw." But it doesn't always apply. :P
Another -- "Lagot!"
Pitik
siksik = stuffed?
i love all these pinoy words tots! i concur with olats and lagot (though lagot could be you're dead! hehe) pucha pitik? galeng mo sister ah...
baby bear -- would you say a child is stuffed? ;) as in siksik sa laman ang kanyang katawan? :) thanks for what you wrote in ofoto by the way...i kept that picture of you and syd on that boat, backlit. you made me miss the beach. hugs
Welcome home!
Here's another: kilig. I have a tough time capturing that feeling whenever I explain it to American friends; the best I can come up with is 'giddy', but they still don't get what I mean when I say that a particular gesture is 'nakakakilig.'
my contribution to the pinoy-only tots and terms:
- tampo
- deadma
- mataray
- torpe
- palito... hee-hee... ;)
Post a Comment